QUEEN OF HUNGER Available Now!
QUEEN OF HUNGER, Tales of the Assembled: Book 1 is available right now on Amazon.com at this handy link:
I am excited beyond words that I finally have a chance to bring my book to a wider audience. I invite you all to read and enjoy. And if you do enjoy it, please share that with others. Here are some ways to do that:
- Through your favorite social media would be awesome. I’m even using my own hashtag: #queenofhunger. Spread it around!
- By following my blog here for future updates, sources of inspiration, unpublished sideline short stories about the characters in the books, and places where you can meet me and hear me read (Events coming soon!).
- By finding my author pages on Amazon or Goodreads and reading what I’m reading.
- By reviewing the book in your own way: on your blog, on Amazon, to your fellow public transit rider when they ask you what you’re reading. You know, anyone!
- By sending me a comment here or an email to cesarcrossed at gmail dot com telling me how much you liked the book. Every comment keeps me writing, perhaps to spite you, but still, writing.
Thank you again for reading. I leave you with one more snippet from the book.
““You see those points of light, all across the sky?”
“Yeah, the stars?”
“Yeah. There are an uncountable number of them,” she said, “have you ever seen so many?”
That wasn’t exactly true, Wyatt knew. There was an estimated number of stars. He just didn’t know what it was. But he had to admit he’d never seen as many with his unaided eye as he saw right then. Teach talked, her voice low and reassuring.
“They are uncountable because each star is an ancestor, one of the people who lived and died and brought you to this place, right here, right now. That is where the ancestors live after they die,” she told him, “in the distance. And that’s where our souls will go in the end when we die.”
She paused. Wyatt knew it was all crap from her religion, but he desperately didn’t want her to stop.
“So the story goes,” he said, expressing disbelief, “that people used to see pictures in the stars, of their gods and such. Just connecting the dots the way they wanted too.” Teach shrugged.
“That’s where the map of your life leads to in the end, to the stars. Each star, and each story, each connected made-up picture, is a signpost on your own personal road. The stars map destiny, Wyatt,” she said, “your future is out there, written in them. Look out there and decide what you want your life to look like…”
I decided what I wanted my life to look like. It included the word “Author”. And now, I am.
Posted on May 3, 2013, in Announcements, Deadline, Snippet and tagged amazon kindle, Black fiction, ebook, female fiction, Fiction, new cyberpunk, new fiction, Quotes, speculative fiction, Truth & Rumors. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.